cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11506

jeanaguemon
Level 1
Level 1

I configured VIP on my CSS 11506. I created a content rule and a service, which will be used by the content rule. Both have been activated. However, when I do "show service summary", the new service created is not coming up, it's showing down. I removed the service and re-created it and still down. My VIP won't work if the service remains down. Please help if you experience this before. Thanks so much !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If possible can you remove one of the keepalives and see if that one comes up? I just want to make sure it is the keepalives.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using keepalives? If they are failing, the service will show down. You can also try posting the Application Networking forum, that covers the CSS.

Hope that helps.

Yes I'm using keepalives. Now what could cause the keepalive to fail.Still some other services are up. Thanks

If possible can you remove one of the keepalives and see if that one comes up? I just want to make sure it is the keepalives.

Collin,

You are the man! I removed th keepalive by typing "keepalive type none" initially it was "keepalive type tcp" and now the service is up and I can get to my VIP. Thanks so much! I appreciated. How should I give you a credit ?

If you want to give him credit, just click "Rate this Post" located directly under the answer he provided.

Glad that helped get it resolved and thanks for the points. This just happened to me a couple of weeks ago, so it was still fresh in my head.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: