cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Restore Public Distribution Lists global catalog sync error

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I accidentally restored the Public Distribution Lists - All Subscribers - ServerName to a new box in same Unity Networking Dialing Domain while restoring Call Handlers. Once I did that Unity Networking stopped functioning (Directory Call Handler was searching the Dialing Domain).

I can go to new server and look at Members of the All Subscribers - ServerName and see all my subscribers from the other box.

I see on the servers;

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSGC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1049

Date: 1/26/2009

Time: 4:58:45 PM

User: N/A

Computer: CDC-UM1

Description:

The Cisco Unity service that monitors the global catalog (AvDSGlobalCatalog) failed to synchronize data for an object in the global catalog with the corresponding data for the object in the SQL Server/MSDE database on the Cisco Unity server. Unity will not be able to synchronize all changes for this object until this is resolved. However, other objects will continue to be synchronized.

Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_MAILUSER

Name: CN=Shaner\, Jeff R.,OU=Conyers - PMD,OU=Conyers (CDC),OU=Lithonia Lighting,DC=AcuityLightingGroup,DC=com

Reason: 0x80072030 ERROR_DS_NO_SUCH_OBJECT: There is no such object on the server.

1 Reply 1

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

The problem was with customer's Active Directory. Seems a Domain Controller was having problem and not responding. I used DCGC Reconnect Tool to fix it. Had nothing to do with COBRAS!