Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlaid DN to remote PBX

bamnocadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have overlaid DN configured on CME 4 for our 800 number. We added another CME in remote office and PBXs talk over SIP trunk. I need to assign our 800 number to phones on remote office as overlaid DN as well. In other words our 800 needs to ring on phones registered on 2 deferent PBXs. Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you want is a forked call.

CME doesn't support that until 4.3 (parallel hunt group), and you may want to investigate if you cold solve the problem better deciding a ringing scheme, you can use CFNA to forward in like in a chain to any destination.

As an alternative, if you want to try it, I've written a "blast" TCL/IVR script that you can use to send call to multiple destinations:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/bcast.tcl

Note the script is not fully tested, however I coded transfer support in it that is a good thing.

thank you. I got easy solution - our 800 provider can forward calls to multiple numbers.

Thanks.

Paolo,

Great stuff :)

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: