Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility customisation

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running an Extension Mobility PILOT in our Office prior to Network wide deployment. I have configured it so that when a User is not logged into a Phone the Phone reverts to a Device Profile that basically has no functionality including no Directory Number.

We have a Business requirement for the Phones that no one are Logged into to be able to call our Help Desk only, no other User and preferably not receive calls. Could you please post your suggestions for providing this type of functionality?

I have read about Intercom in UCM 6.1 and it is not a great fit for our implementation of IP Telephony.

Thanks in advance,

Col

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You can configure the IP Phone and PLAR,

only by going off-hook will be dialing helpdesk #

or only access to 911 and helpdesk with special CSS and partitions.

Browse our website for PLAR (Hotline)

gogasca thanks so much for the pointer. I searched the Cisco Website for PLAR and UCM 6.1 configuration and the best I could do was the following:

Step 1 Create a partition, for example, P1, and a calling search space, for example, CSS1, so CSS1 contains P1. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Class of Control > Partition or Calling Search Space.)

Step 2 Create a translation pattern, for example, TP1, which contains calling search space CSS1 and partition P1. Create a null pattern (blank pattern), but make sure that you enter the directory number for the B1 PLAR destination in the Called Party Transformation Mask field. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Translation Pattern.)

Step 3 Assign the calling search space, CS1, to either A or A'. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone.)

Step 4 Assign the P1 partition to the directory number for B1, which is the PLAR destination. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Directory Number.)

REF: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_3/cucm-rel_note-613.html

Do you know of a better source of information regarding the configuration of PLAR then the one I found above?

Regards,

Col

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: