cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Messges to be forwared with Alerts in e-mail

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, Any one knows how can I forward syslog message along with alerts through DFM in mail.. I am able sent alerts to an email address but how can I include Syslog msg also ? what would be the config on LMS as well as on Devices.. Thnx

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use RME's Automated Action capability to do this. You pick the message types on which you wanted to be alerted, then you choose an email alert. This is configured under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions.

Hi thanks for your reply. I tried that but how can I define that only critical syslog traps should be forwarded in mail from all devices. I dont know the wht severity to use what facility to use ?/ can you tell me wht would b the value for all the field for critical syslog alerts in automated action ?

It depends on what you consider critical. If you go by simply severity, severities 0, 1, and 2 are generally considered critical. To setup an AA for those, you would need to add three syslog message types:

Facility : *

Sub-facility : *

Severity : 0

Mnemonic : *

Description : *

Severity : 1

Severity : 2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco