cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I tell UC520 to not answer calls on specific FXO port?

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

Is this possible? The usage is like this:

Incoming PSTN line is split from the wall to go to 1) UC520 (FXO Port 0) and 2) home phone.

UC520 should not answer incoming calls on FXO port 0, but should be able make calls using FXO port 0.

Regards,

Luis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use CCA to configue inbound call routing so the FXO goes to the extension assigned to the FXS. If you need CLI, you can use "connection plar opx" under the FXO port and point to the number assigned to the FXS. The OPX keyword causes the call to connect when the FXS user answers and not before, therefore reducing the chance for FXO disconnect issues.

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't directly configure an FXO port to not answer calls, but if you create a dummy phone (x210 say) and remove all the call forwarding config from that phone, you can then configure the FXO port to connect to x210.  Because x210 never answers the call, the FXO port will never go off hook.  So this should give you the effect you are trying to achieve.  Note that there does not have to be a physical phone associated with that record, so no additional hardware is required.

Cheers,

Dave.

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

The "ring number" command can be used to increase the number of rings before answering a call but only up to a maximum of 10 rings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_r1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1551975

Phil

That would work, although I think what I might do is put the home phone on FXS port 3, if there's a way to route FXO port 0 calls directly to FXS port 3, bypassing CUE altogether.

If I assign an extension to this FXS port, and do not configure NoAnswer/Busy - UC520 would let the call ring indefintely, correct?

How would I force incoming calls on FXO 0 to FXS 3?

Regards,

Luis

You can use CCA to configue inbound call routing so the FXO goes to the extension assigned to the FXS. If you need CLI, you can use "connection plar opx" under the FXO port and point to the number assigned to the FXS. The OPX keyword causes the call to connect when the FXS user answers and not before, therefore reducing the chance for FXO disconnect issues.

Marcos

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the help, using custom incoming call handling was the most elegant solution, as I simply didn't want any UC interaction with this line, aside from connecting the incoming to call to the specific FXS port, and allowing me to use the line for outgoing calls when available.

Regards,

Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: