How to find the expanded call variables in the database

Unanswered Question
Jan 27th, 2009

Hi All;

Anyone can advise which table or how can I find the expanded call variables? About the normal call variables, these easy I can find them in the Termination_Call_Detail but I am not able to find the expanded call variables.

DB schema is 7.22

Any advise?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 01/27/2009 - 03:47

The only way I've been able to see them is to assign them to the PVs. Then you can find them in the TCD.

jpsweeney77 Tue, 01/27/2009 - 07:08

If memory serves, they are stored in Termination_Call_Variable and Route_Call_Variable. These can then be linked back to TCD and RCD using the Recovery Key field.

Note... these queries can come with quite a bit of overhead if you heavily use ECC variables.

dchumbley Tue, 01/27/2009 - 08:43

Also the ECC variable has to be checked as Persistent in Expanded Call Variable List or they do not get written to either TCV or RCV.

rbua Wed, 01/28/2009 - 06:52

To add to it, you need to pay attention to how much those table would eventually grow, specially if you are heavily using ECCs, like for CVP deployment and plan to have enough disk space for the DB not to run into DB starvation and abnormal purging scenarios.

bilalghayad Sun, 02/01/2009 - 02:02

Really I did some search on TCD and RCD, but was not able to know what they are and how can I find them. It look like that I have to understand them so I can find my ECC using the recovery key. Any advise?

You must read the ICM schema document then.

The one I have is for 7.2(2) from July 2007 and I am sure you can download it from Be aware that it is over 13MB. The RCV is linked to the RCD through the RCDRecoveryKey; the TCV is liked to the TCD through the RecoveryKey.

On Ricardo's point about storage - only check the "persistent" box if you really want to hold the info in the DB. Most of the ECCs for CVP would not need saving.

This Discussion