cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO & NSF

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have one 6509 Switch having two Sup 720. I have configured SSO for L2 redundancy. I am running Eigrp & looking for L3 redundancy. Should we enable NSF in Router Eigrp mode on only that switch or all neighbors switch also. My neighors are using 3550 switch. Please help.

3 Replies 3

Kerem Gursu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh,

In order to have L3 redundancy , you only need to enable NSF on 6509 . Bu please remember that NSF awareness for EIGRP on 3550 has started for " IP services " image beginning with Cisco IOS Release 12.2(25)SEC. If you use this release or later , you should be fine.

HTH,

Kerem

Ok. It means, No need to enable EIGRP on 3550. My problem is, I have two sup on 6509 & I restarted Primary one, Standby became active & I lost all L3 connectivity with 6509. I re-enabled IP Routing, then it worked. One thing more, How I can activate my primary Sup.

Hi Rupesh,

During the switchover for sso mode , you are not supposed to experience any loss. The configurations and the images are synchronized and especially the sso mode is the warm standby mode. What does your " show redundancy " command output say ? On the other hand , practically , some state tables like HSRP may experience a active/standby switchover during active/primary RP change due to the timers configured. Other services must be reachable.

To answer your second question, you must already have reachability to active RP . You do not have to activate it. If you mean to perform a switchover "back" to the RP that you have recently switched over , just perform redundancy force-switchover command on the active RP.

HTH,

Kerem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco