cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO & NSF

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have one 6509 Switch having two Sup 720. I have configured SSO for L2 redundancy. I am running Eigrp & looking for L3 redundancy. Should we enable NSF in Router Eigrp mode on only that switch or all neighbors switch also. My neighors are using 3550 switch. Please help.

3 Replies 3

Kerem Gursu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh,

In order to have L3 redundancy , you only need to enable NSF on 6509 . Bu please remember that NSF awareness for EIGRP on 3550 has started for " IP services " image beginning with Cisco IOS Release 12.2(25)SEC. If you use this release or later , you should be fine.

HTH,

Kerem

Ok. It means, No need to enable EIGRP on 3550. My problem is, I have two sup on 6509 & I restarted Primary one, Standby became active & I lost all L3 connectivity with 6509. I re-enabled IP Routing, then it worked. One thing more, How I can activate my primary Sup.

Hi Rupesh,

During the switchover for sso mode , you are not supposed to experience any loss. The configurations and the images are synchronized and especially the sso mode is the warm standby mode. What does your " show redundancy " command output say ? On the other hand , practically , some state tables like HSRP may experience a active/standby switchover during active/primary RP change due to the timers configured. Other services must be reachable.

To answer your second question, you must already have reachability to active RP . You do not have to activate it. If you mean to perform a switchover "back" to the RP that you have recently switched over , just perform redundancy force-switchover command on the active RP.

HTH,

Kerem

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card