Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Service policy output not supprted

jesper_fr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 3750 switch (c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-46.SE.bin) were i want to add bandwitdh limit pr. interface,

doing the following:

ip access-list extended customer_A

permit ip any any

class-map match-all BW_10Mbps

match access-group name customer_A

policy-map 10Mb

description 10 Mbps

class BW_10Mbps

police 10000000 1000000 exceed-action drop

interface FastEthernet2/0/1

desc customer-A 10 Mbps

service-policy input 10Mbps

service-policy output 10Mbps

When i trie to apply the "service-policy output 10 Mbps" to the interface, it says the service-policy output is not

supported on the switch. Is this a software related isue ?

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jesper

"Is this a software related isue ?"

No it is a hardware issue. The 3750 does not support egress policing and that is why you cannot apply the service-policy in the output direction.

You can however limit the percentage of available bandwidth per port on egress using the "srr-queue bandwidth limit ..." command -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1253412

Jon

Hi Jon,

I have done this confguration before on another Cisco switch (think it was a 3550). Do you know on which switches this command (egress policing outgoing direction) is supported

Jesper

The 3550 does indeed support egress policing so it was probably that you are thinking of.

3560 is like the 3750 in that it doesn't.

4500 does support egress policing as far as i know.

6500 does although as with a lot of things on the 6500 it is very dependant on module capabilities.

Jon

Hi, Sir

If I want police less than 10 percent. What should I do

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card