cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB replication status in CUCM. What steps should I use to restore relica?

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html

Information from link:

<i>

Be aware that the Replicate_State object shows a value of 2 in this case. The following list shows the possible values for Replicate_State:

-0-Replication Not Started. Either no subscribers exist, or the Database Layer Monitor service is not running and has not been running since the subscriber was installed.

-1-Replicates have been created, but their count is incorrect.

-2-Replication is good.

-3-Replication is bad in the cluster.

-4-Replication setup did not succeed.

</i>

What should I do, when I get numbers 1,3,4 on RTMT or with CLI

show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"

?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Run stop on all nodes that will be reset. Stop CLI will stop any currently running processes and give us a clean slate to restart replication.

2) Go to each server (that will be reset), get on the CLI, and run. "utils dbreplication stop"

3) On pub, run the "utils dbreplication stop" as well.

4) Then, (also on the pub) run "utils dbreplication reset all" command (to reset replication on the pub and ALL Subs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Run stop on all nodes that will be reset. Stop CLI will stop any currently running processes and give us a clean slate to restart replication.

2) Go to each server (that will be reset), get on the CLI, and run. "utils dbreplication stop"

3) On pub, run the "utils dbreplication stop" as well.

4) Then, (also on the pub) run "utils dbreplication reset all" command (to reset replication on the pub and ALL Subs.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I didn't understand step 1)

Where I could do it?

step 1 just refers to running the command utils dbreplication stop on all servers to avoid anything from a previously running process

HTH

java

HTH

java

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Before going to the reset DB extreme, simply reboot Publisher, then reboot the Subscriber and recheck the RTMT status for DBs. I had a Publisher that must have came up before a subscriber after a power outage or something. The PUB had a bad number, I rebooted it everything went to 2 + 2 4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: