Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Issues CCM 4.1 and h323 cisco 5850 gateway

shaunswales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When users call out to an IVR number, they are asked to enter a selection, once entered and confirmed with #, the IVR responds by saying that it did not receive an entry.

So the4 DTMF tones are not being received by the called party.

I have tested internal calls, Ip phone - IP phone and do not here any tones coming through on the called ip phone.

On the gateway (Cisco 5850), calls to the IVR number in question, match a pots dial-peer, for which you cannot manually configure DTMF. What worries me is that internally DTMF is not working either, so not sure if this is a problem on the ccm or not. On pots dial-peers DTMF is meant to be configured by default? On CCM 4.1, I cannot see anywhere where I can configure DTMF either.

Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

indeed you cannot configure it in POTS dial peers but you should have it configured on the VOIP dial peer if you want to use DTMFs, about CUCM the only way to find out would be gathering and reviewing a CUCM detailed trace

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java

What traces must be done and how would I go about doing this?

i already mentioned it "CUCM detailed traces", if you do not have the experience on reading traces then the recommendations would be opening a TAC case so they can review them

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Shaun,

You absolutely can configure DTMF on the 5850. You match what is called a incoming dial peer.

Try this:

dial-peer 1 voip

incoming called-number .

codec

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

hth,

nick