cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: Authentication Server not responding: No error

rhilliker
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this error message and I am not sure why. The only thing that was done on our network was changed the ip of the radius server and changed the dns record to show the new ip? Any Ideas, please help. Thanks Richie

5 Replies 5

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

When you changed the ip address of the server, did you change the configuration on your firewall/router to reflect this change? This message means that the router/firewall is unable to contact your authentication server.

yes I changed the AAA server group ip address to reflect the new ip. Then I apply the changed and put it to flash and do the test option and it still comes back and says the same thing. I am wondering if there is something to do with the dns or something?

Can you ping that server from the firewall? What type of authentication server do you have?

when I open up putty, and type the IP of the server it does ping at a rate of 100%.

I think auth. is active directory!

rikinoz
Level 1
Level 1

In the AAA Server Groups, ensure that you specify the correct Interface. E.g. If your Radius server is located on the Inside, your Interface should also be listed as 'Inside'. I believe the interface defaults to the first interface name in the list.

Thus:

aaa-server GroupName (inside) host a.b.c.d

Note: a.b.c.d = IP Address of your Radius server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: