Can this be done: Script checks for logged in Agents to determine Schedule

Unanswered Question
Jan 27th, 2009

Our company is implementing UCCX for Call Center and I am familar with how to setup the Time for open hours and closed hours but we have the need to allow the script to be active during no standard hours in the case of an emergency or change of schedule. Is there a way I can I have the script change the schedule only when an agent is logged into the system? If there are no agents logged in the script will follow the after hours logic.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Tue, 01/27/2009 - 20:11

Of Course there is. Basically what you want to do is a series of checks. Basically what you need do is a reporting statistic step and then do an if statement. Under those if statement's do you time checks.

More commonly the feature your requesting is emergency open and close. Generally you would use XML documents to house the state of the CC. (i.e. NORMAL OPERATION = 0, EMERGENCY CLOSE = 1, EMERGENCY OPEN = 2). From here you make another script with a menu in it saying if you would like to put th contact center into normal operation etc. and under this menu it either write a 0, 1, 2 to the XML File.

Now, in the main CC script with your agents, it reads this XML document and does an if statement or 2 to see what it is equal to, and from there it runs however you want. Contact center is pretty much limitless with ideas. I have attached a few scripts demonstrating using an XML document and checking for agents logged in.

Cheers and please rate useful posts...

Anthony Holloway Wed, 01/28/2009 - 07:07

In your reply, you mentioned, "write a 0, 1, 2 to the XML File."

Your example .aef files don't address this portion. Do you have an example you can share?

I think I know the route, but not sure on all the details, and an example would help get me started.

joeharb Fri, 01/30/2009 - 02:41

Thanks for all the replies...we have been buried in the ice storm in Paducah KY..just now got internet backup and able to view these posts...won't have time to address this for a few day..lots of fires..but I will take a look...thanks again...I will rate the posts when I have second...

Anthony Holloway Mon, 02/02/2009 - 13:29

Nevermind, I figured out a work around by using two XML files, and the Keyword Transform Step.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Read from the Settings.xml file, change the variable to false, then use the Settings-Template.xml file in a Keyword Transform Step, then overwrite the Settings.xml file with the resulting document from the Keyword Transform step.

Is that about how you do it?

I was thinking about using the XML Transform, or a custom class to parse the XML, and write XML. My way was just too easy not to just go with it.

This Discussion