cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple shell AVPair entries

jrbeining
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have muplitple Radius shell: AVPair entries for a single user/profile? I want to be able to use 'shell:priv-lvl=15' to manage our switches and 'shell:Admin=Admin default-domain' to manage our ACE's. What I am finding is that when I configure both I cannot get into our switches. Also is there a document that explains how cisco devices process the radius attributes? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

From an ACS and purely RADIUS perspective - yes this fine.

As to what the switch does - anyone's guess as this stuff is rarely documented. I've trawled CCO many times to find which cisco-av-pairs exist let alone which devices support them.

If you can get some low level AAA debug off the switch you might find what its doing with the av-pairs.

Good luck!

The switches were complaining about an unknown mandatory AV:

Jan 28 10:12:57.633 PST: AAA/AUTHOR/EXEC: received unknown mandatory AV: Admin=Admin default-domain

In order to resolve this I defined the AV as optional with a '*' instead of an '=':

shell:Admin*Admin default-domain

Thanks.

-Joshua

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: