cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determine users with active schedules in Unity Connection 2.1.1

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have UC 2.1.1 and I want to delete a schedule. It tells me is is active, so how do I find which users are using the active schedule so I can delete it?

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

As you might know, a schedule can be configured for subscribers, call handlers, user templates or routing rules.

For example, the subscriber's schedule is displayed on the user config page. I guess you receive an error saying "Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use" or something like that, if that's the case, either a user, CH, routing rule or user template is using that schedule and as it has a dependency record, you can't delete it.

From the CUC GUI/Admin page, you can't query or see which are the schedule's dependencies. You can use CLI to query the DB info, not sure what's the exact query to use in this case, but is not so easy and it won't be user friendly.

Check this link for CLI command info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/os_administration/guide/2xcucosagappa.html

I tried a couple of queries myself and sometimes the tables use the scheduleobjectid value instead of using the schedule name

and it can be very confusing!!!

If you want to see the tables available for the unitydirdb use this query from CLI.

Connect via telnet/ssh to the server and login with the OS admin password:

admin:show cuc dbtable list unitydirdb

Then to see the parameters stored in each table, you need to run a query for the table you want to check, for example:

admin:show cuc dbtable contents unitydirdb tbl_schedule

You will get something like this:

Output is in file: cuc/cli/contents_tbl_schedule_090128-040457.csv

To get the file you need to download it via SFTP using the command:

file get activelog cuc/cli/contents_tbl_schedule_090128-040457.csv

would you like to proceed [y/n]?

SFTP server IP:

SFTP server port [22]:

User ID:

Password:

Download directory: / ( forward slash is used for the root directory)

You will see is not so easy to check many tables for dependencies. I will recommend to search manually on the GUI and if you verify

that the schedule is NOT being used anywhere, call TAC and ask them how to remove it. There is something that can be done, but you

need root access for that and TAC is the only one that can give it only if they confirm is a bug or something.

Well, hope this explanation is useful :), if it is, please rate!

Have a nice day!

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

As you might know, a schedule can be configured for subscribers, call handlers, user templates or routing rules.

For example, the subscriber's schedule is displayed on the user config page. I guess you receive an error saying "Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use" or something like that, if that's the case, either a user, CH, routing rule or user template is using that schedule and as it has a dependency record, you can't delete it.

From the CUC GUI/Admin page, you can't query or see which are the schedule's dependencies. You can use CLI to query the DB info, not sure what's the exact query to use in this case, but is not so easy and it won't be user friendly.

Check this link for CLI command info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/os_administration/guide/2xcucosagappa.html

I tried a couple of queries myself and sometimes the tables use the scheduleobjectid value instead of using the schedule name

and it can be very confusing!!!

If you want to see the tables available for the unitydirdb use this query from CLI.

Connect via telnet/ssh to the server and login with the OS admin password:

admin:show cuc dbtable list unitydirdb

Then to see the parameters stored in each table, you need to run a query for the table you want to check, for example:

admin:show cuc dbtable contents unitydirdb tbl_schedule

You will get something like this:

Output is in file: cuc/cli/contents_tbl_schedule_090128-040457.csv

To get the file you need to download it via SFTP using the command:

file get activelog cuc/cli/contents_tbl_schedule_090128-040457.csv

would you like to proceed [y/n]?

SFTP server IP:

SFTP server port [22]:

User ID:

Password:

Download directory: / ( forward slash is used for the root directory)

You will see is not so easy to check many tables for dependencies. I will recommend to search manually on the GUI and if you verify

that the schedule is NOT being used anywhere, call TAC and ask them how to remove it. There is something that can be done, but you

need root access for that and TAC is the only one that can give it only if they confirm is a bug or something.

Well, hope this explanation is useful :), if it is, please rate!

Have a nice day!

Teresa.

It was a System Call Handler that was using the Schedule. I deleted the System Call Handler so I could then delete the Schedule I did not want any more.

Glad to hear that! Hope the explanation about the DB was useful :)

Regards,

Teresa.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: