Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conferencing

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

i have an opportunity to implement video conferencing for one of our customers. i have one question more from a personal standpoint

can OCS be fully utilized as a video conferencing solution on a Cisco IPT Platform.

im trying to see the pros and cons of meeting place express Vs the Microsoft platform. The customer is about to implement OCS but they have not explored the video capabilities. they asked us to implement meeting place express however im not certain if they are aware that OCS has the capability and im not sure myself it it can work proper instead of meeting place express.

thanks in advance and please excuse my ignorance with this (ill be doing some more reading while waiting for replies)

1 Reply 1

mahtye
Level 1
Level 1

MPE provides standards-based audio and video while OCS has proprietary codecs.

Our OCS integration strategy is with the CUCIMOC IPT integration which has audio telephony at the moment.

MPE video uses active speaker switching, so only one person is seen at a time. But, it supports H.323 and SIP, independently of CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: