cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Set the Voicemail Pilot's Displayed Name?

I am no CME / Unity Express expert but this seem like a simple question. I have searched high and low and can't find a solution anywhere. HELP.

First my setup:

Software

CME: 12.4(22)T / CME 7.0(1)

Unity Express: 3.1

Config

Unity VM Pilot Ext: 200

ephone-dn 300 w/ "name User 300"

ephone-dn 301 w/ "name User 301"

ephone-dn 302 w/ "name User 302"

So directory services work fine.

If I am on extension 301 and call 300 it shows:

1) On 301's phone "To User 300 (300)", and

2) On 300's phone "From User 301 (301)".

All is good so far.

Problem, if 300 is busy or does not answer and the call transfers to the VM Pilot (200), the display on 301 says "To 200"!

I want it to say "To Voicemail (200)".

I have tried to add a "Directory entry" without success (didn't think this would work). I see no where to add this in Unity, but was thinking there might be a way to add a name to a dial-peer (my VM pilot) but I don't see it.

Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Say your voicemail is extension 200:

ephone-dn 4

number 222

name Voicemail

call-forward all 200

222 should show up in the directory then. That would be my best guess at trying something like this. I think this is why you can configure:

telephony-service

voicemail 200

That way you never have to lookup the voicemail number because it's a hotkey on the phone.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Say your voicemail is extension 200:

ephone-dn 4

number 222

name Voicemail

call-forward all 200

222 should show up in the directory then. That would be my best guess at trying something like this. I think this is why you can configure:

telephony-service

voicemail 200

That way you never have to lookup the voicemail number because it's a hotkey on the phone.

hth,

nick

No this still just results in:

1) Flashes up for a split second the "To Voicemail (222)"

2) Then shows the final extension info of "To 200"

Any other ideas?

Help!

It doesn't look like there is a native way to do this.

I looked into using SIP profiles to change the messaging, but it will only affect outgoing SIP messages, and there is no way for us to change the incoming caller ID sent in the contact field with those profiles.

If you have an account team you can ask for a feature request. It seems like it would be a trivial enhancement.

hth,

nick

Thanks for the reply.

As I recall, this is easily done on Unity (assign a name to the VM Pilot). You would think it would be easily done in CME/Unity Express.

It just confusing when you dial user x on extension y and end up getting extension z on your display without a name telling what it is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: