Playing Prompt-IPIVR/CRS

Unanswered Question
Jan 27th, 2009

Is it possible to play prompt directly from the server disk, without uploading to prompt repository?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Wed, 01/28/2009 - 07:24

Yes you can.

myPrompt = Create File Document("c:\greeting.wav")

Play Prompt(--Triggering Contact--, myPrompt)

Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 01/29/2009 - 17:21

I would recommend against designing scripts this way. UCCX will be transitioning to the same Linux-based appliance model in an upcoming version. We expect to loose local disk access at that time similar to UC Manager.

You would be best advised to pull from the prompt repository.

ra_jeshkalra_2 Thu, 01/29/2009 - 17:54

Hi schulenberg,

Well said.

By the way is there any way from a script I can sense the free IVR ports availability before I dial out from the script?

joeharb Thu, 02/12/2009 - 08:31

I have noticed your posts and have a question...I have a script that allows a user to dial in and record prompts. I need to allow these to implemented dynamically if emergency effect...I am planning on having a xml file that will keep track of operating normal, emergency ...etc and allow a user to be able to change the value in the xml file from the phone. Prior to this I would like for them to be able to record a prompt and when the AA script sees the operating condition has changed it changes the prompt to the new recorded one...I can record the prompts fine and they save to the c:\prompts folder but I still have to upload them...I understand the "fix" but I don't want to have to redo this if I upgrade to the linux version...any suggestions?

Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 02/12/2009 - 09:36

To answer the previous question: No, I am not aware of a way to query the quantity of free CTI Ports, sorry. I would guess this is possible if you could find the correct table/row/column where this is maintained within the SQL database though.

For the XML file, if you want to modify it with third-party program (such as the phone, a web page, etc) you will need to host this on an external HTTP server and use the appropriate HTTP steps to pull this in dynamically when the script is executed. You'll want to pay careful attention to the total response time from that external HTTP server as the caller will hear silence while this is happening. I am not aware of a way for a third-party program to modify the contents of a file within the CCX Document Repository directly.

For the prompts: If you choose to record them using a script (user calls in presses "1 for emergency close" and makes a recording), there are steps within the CRS Editor to upload the recording to the prompt repository and even modify the XML file accordingly. Note that you must have authenticated user (using the User steps) before it will allow this.

If you do not perform the prompt recording within a script, your only option is to upload them using the CRS Administration web interface.

joeharb Thu, 02/12/2009 - 11:30

Thanks for your reply...I am struggling with getting the authenticated user login down...I have read the documenation and I am still not getting anywhere...could you please add some insight into the logic.

Koen Van Impe Thu, 01/21/2010 - 04:19

This is how we do it:

user_upload = Get User (User ID: "JohnDoe")

on success

Authenticate User Password (user_upload, "myPassword")

on success

Upload Prompt (RecordedPrompt to L[en_US], "MyPrompt.wav")

user_upload is a "user" type variable. Use it in the "Upload Prompt" as the User value.

I suppose the userid needs to have Administrator privileges.

Hope this helps!

This Discussion