Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail issue

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have 2 branches running on voip. Both sides i have implemented CME.Locally voice mail if wokring fine. but between branches voice mail doesnt picks the call.

Can anybody help me in this regard.

I will be very thankful.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Malik,

Sounds like a codec issue. Is the VM at the central site and the branches access the VM via the WAN. If so you may be using the G729 codec across links but I am pretty sure the VM uses G711. You may have to look at this as well as you Call Admission control, In the end you may need to implement transcoders at the branch sites

Hopes this helps

Thanks

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Malik,

Sounds like a codec issue. Is the VM at the central site and the branches access the VM via the WAN. If so you may be using the G729 codec across links but I am pretty sure the VM uses G711. You may have to look at this as well as you Call Admission control, In the end you may need to implement transcoders at the branch sites

Hopes this helps

Thanks

Paul

Dear Mr. Paul,

I really appreciate for your help and support.

I have implemented transcoders at both my sites. But still voice mail is not working. I have attached the running configuration of routers of both the sities. Can you please have a look at the configuration and let me know if i am doing any mistake.

Your consideration in this regard will highly be commendable.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

Malik,

I am by far no expert, but here is how I setup my last customer like this:

CME/UE Site A (aka CME-A/UE-A) is connected to CME/UE Site B (aka CME-B/UE-B) via a IP WAN.

When a user on CME-A wants to place a standard phone call to CME-B, I have a dial peer voip to address that (you have that). If user no CME-B wants to call user on CME-A I have a dial-peer voip for that (you have that too).

So calls work find between sites. You have a dial-peer voip for users on CME-A wanting to call UE-A that addresses target, codec, dtmf, and vad. So Site-A can call UE-A. You have the same on Site B.

What I did is to setup dial-peers between Site-A users calling UE-B. This dial peer would address target, codec, dtmf, and vad just like your other Site-A to UE-A dial peer.

NOTE: These go directly to the UE at each site (aka - target), not (hopped) via the CME.

You have on cme-dmm-3825:

dial-peer voice 1001 voip

description **** Unity Express Voice Mail***

destination-pattern 4000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.0.252

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Add:

dial-peer voice 331 voip

description **** Unity Express VM, Site-B***

destination-pattern 331

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.6.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Then add a dial-peer on muc-ryd:

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

description **** Unity Express VM, Site-A***

destination-pattern 4000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.0.252

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

NOTE: I would modify my "destination-pattern" to also pickup the auto-attendant too or add a seperate dial-peer.

Hi buddy,

Thanks for your reply...i will configure it and will let you know..thanks again,

Malik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: