Views
Helpful
Replies

Which AccessPoints to use

DavidJanS
Level 1
Level 1

Dear readers

I recently was employed as IT-responsible by a small private school (internate) and there is a wireless-LAN running for our students. The AP are all Zyxel-boxes (G-1000 / 3000) and tend to cause trouble (must be restarted every now and then). I have the OK from my chef to change this infrastructure to a professional one and thus I wanted to ask, what AP You would propose to use.

Actually, we have now 11 running, but at some rooms there is no signal, so I would like to install either stronger senders or 2-3 more, depending on the needs.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

David

5 Replies 5

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mohamed

Thank You for Your proposal. What is the difference between WAP200 and WAP2000? Only the automatic configuration with linksys One?

Are both devices mountable to the wall?

And is there a linksys-one router? RV082 for example? Is there a Gigabit-router from linksys?

Anyway, I will read more and it looks as if linksys is a good choice.

Thank You for Your trouble,

David

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hello David,

Me either need to read about that, I honestly have no glow about WAP200 or WAP2000.

The Strangest sentence here is "thank you for your trouble"!!!

I really dont know what trouble I have made? I was trying to be helpfull..

Regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed

Your trouble (effort) to reply me. You have not cased any trouble, but I have caused You trouble to answer and that's what I thanked for.

Best wishes,

David

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hello David,

I Got it now, But I want to clarify some thing here, Unfortunately the issue is not the case it self, The issue what has been done BEFORE and AFTER the case.

Wish u the best too,

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco