Views
Helpful
Replies

specific route update to bgp with community

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

I would like to update specific route(zone) using BGP announcement.

If you see attached ppt file, We must update bgp update like red link, using community

please, see the ppt file and comment to me

thank you

5 Replies 5

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Could you please be more precise? what is GD? what is it running with R3? and what is RX? How do you intend to utilize the Red link and When?

HTH

Mohamed

ok. GD is Anomaly Guard Module , This module is seated in C6509 MSFC, When Attack Start , GD will float static route to MSFC and then MSFC BGP announce to Peer device,

R3 Running IBGP, IGP, and RX is External Router to redirect traffic when attack from ISP1, RED link is BGP announce Route( Guard floating static route = zone )

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

what kind of attacks? How do u want to divert the traffic? Please be more specific...

Regards,

Mohamed

the attack is DDoS, Anomaly Guard Module depends these attacks. like TCP Syn Flooding,

UDP Flooding, When Attack starts, I would like to update bgp announce directly ISP, To protecting our Real Traffic.

Hello Seungyeop,

I would suggest to read abuot remote black hole triggering

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6642/prod_white_paper0900aecd80313fac.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card