Views
Helpful
Replies

Two numbers in same CSS, one can't get VM

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

I have a problem with VM that I can't quite figure out. VM has been working quite nicely for months, then stopped working yesterday, but only for certain numbers.

I have reset all of the VM ports and booted the VM server. I have 2 lines on a softphone, when I call VM (1110) from the first line (1780) I get NU, when I call VM from the second line (1832), the VM server answers. Both lines are in the same partition and have the same calling search space.

The DNA says that both of the calls should go the same way. They are on the same phone, so routing shouldn't be a problem.

I'm using CM 6.1.2.1002-1

LH

1 Reply 1

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

ok,

I've figured out what the problem is and have worked around it, but I'm not sure why it's happening.

The phones that are not able to call voice mail are in a different comms manager group (and registered to a different server). I have put all of the phones onto the same CMG, and this has resolved the issue.

This does mean that I've got 2 subscribers (which were added on Monday!) that won't let phones call voice mail. There is no problems with routing and the DB's are all nicely sync'd. I have checked all of the services and they are as they should be and are identical on all 4 subscribers.

So the problem I have is that 2 subscribers WILL let me call voice mail and 2 subscribers will NOT let me call voiec mail.

Any thoughts?

LH