Want to give different MOH to particular Skillgroup member in IPCC

Unanswered Question
Jan 28th, 2009

Hi,

We are using IPCC 7.2.2. Currently whenever any caller (prepaid, postpaid,other operator) call to the contact center and after receiving call if the any agent make a caller on hold they hear the same hold music. Now we want that prepaid caller hear different music hold music and the rest of the caller hear same hold music. Is it possible to do that? If possible can anybody tell me the procedure.

Note: All agents are member of more than one skill group.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Wed, 01/28/2009 - 06:05

I'm assuming you're using Cisco's IP IVR for your IVR. Yes, you can do this, however you will have to play a prompt instead of the Hold step in the IVR. So, for a particular skill group you can go to a different IP IVR script for hold treatment.

david

Hossain Ahmed A... Thu, 01/29/2009 - 01:41

Hi david,

Thanks for your reply. Actually we are using CVP (Version 3.1) for IVR. You mean to say that whenever any agent needs to hold any call from that particular calltype he should send this to a particular script for prompting. I think its also possible in CVP. But there araise another question. If the agent send the call to that particular script then the call might not return to the same agent again. What should I have to do to make the call return to the same agent? Moreover whenever the agent transfer the call to the script he/she will become available for receiving new calls. what should i have to do to overcome that?

iftikharsyed_2 Thu, 01/29/2009 - 04:21

Hi,

You can achieve it from Call Manager as well. You can configure different MOH sources and specifiy individuall in Users device profiles.

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hossain Ahmed A... Thu, 01/29/2009 - 08:46

dear Iftikhar,

Thanks for your reply, This is not possible because user (call agent) will receieve calls from diffrent skill groups. As a result all the caller will hear same hold music.

Chris Deren Sat, 01/31/2009 - 16:25

When an agent puts the caller on Hold by invoking the hold softkey the MOH audio source configured on that agent's DN, Device, Device Pool or Common Phone Config (depending on CM version), or system paremetner in the specifc order will be used, so it is not possible to distinguish which skill group the calls came in from as the MOH is controlled by the CM side not IPCC. You can only have one MOH source per line, and the same one will be used for all calls.

HTH,

Chris

Actions

This Discussion