When a 9 is dialed, a secondary dial tone (stutter tone) is heard

Unanswered Question

Hi all,

I have two remote office with a change in the presentation of dial tones when making a call. This change is confusing our employees in these offices. They expect (and get) dial tone when they go off-hook. Normally after pressing 9, they could the stutter dial tone before pressing 1 for LD etc. This is not happening. The employee would normally either press a 1 and then get stutter dial tone or any other digit and get stutter dial tone. At the moment, they get dial tone, press 9 and silence, a digit then stutter tone, dial a digit and then get silence while dialing.

Cisco checked our dial patterns and came back suggesting we reboot Call Manager. We rebooted all the servers but this did not fix the problem (I tested as an remote office phone). Dial stutter tone after pressing 9 requires 2 more digits to be pressed before stutter tone is played.

The routers are registred as mgcp and they are of 3800 family, other remote offices (2800 series) doesn't have the issue and also they are registered on the same cluster

Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Please your suggests

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Kenneth Mohammed Wed, 01/28/2009 - 06:22

Usually, delay in secondary dialtone points to an overlapping route pattern in your dialplan somewhere. If you do a route plan report on patterns beginning with "9", you should be able to find the overlap.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

This Discussion