Views
Helpful
Replies

Nessus uploading issue with NAC

nomair_83
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have downloaded Nessus plugins (2 series) and rename the file as cisco says but when I upload it CAM says incompatible file type.

Any idea?

16 Replies 16

Hi,

What's the size of the file and what's the renamed file name?

Hi,

Size is 90.5 MB and I have renamed it as "plugins.tar.gz" but when I upload, CAM says incomptible file type.

Regards,

Hi,

It's the problem with the size of the file. It can't accept 90 MB as it is. Split that file and make sure the single file is around 16MB to 20 MB. It will definitely work.

Try and let me know.

Thanks

Sam

Ok Im spliting it right now , I thought that it should be uploaded as it is except for renaming the file.:)

just give me 10 mins

Regards,

when I upload single file of plugins it works but if I made a folder of 8 files sized 56 kb and zip it with

plugins.tar.gz as file name it shows same error "Result: Incompatible file types "

Strange:)

Hi,

In this scenario, you have to go with single file only. You need to split the files as I said earlier and upload it individiually. This is how it works. And it works well.

Let me know.

Thanks

Sam

this option is not feasible dear , it will take ages:) to upload sinlge file...

It does not take much time for 16 MB. It's the only option available, if you need to use the nessus plug-in functionality.

Sam

If I dont use nesssus then how NAC will scan the Client pc?

See, you are using nessus plugin in order to perform the vulnerability assessment on the client machines. If it detects a vulnerability on the client machines, it will automatically put them in the quarantine vlan.

If you want to use the nessus option, upload the plugins as I told earlier. You can upload it after splitting it. It works golden.

Sam

Ok Sam,

Im facing one more problem , when I add WLAN in WLC for NAC it gives me error that can not creat WLAN make sure that qurantine vlan is not 0 ...

I have set Qurantine vlan as X but still its not adding the WLAN when I enable NAC on that interface.

When you add WLAN on WLC, do not configure anything as the quarantine VLAN.

Try adding the WLAN on WLC without mentioning the quarantine vlan and let me know.

So u mean to say after adding WLAN then I configure Qurantine vlan and enable NAC on WLAN ?

YES. It should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: