IPM 4.1 stopped working, IPMProcess service won't start.

Unanswered Question
Jan 28th, 2009

IPM 4.1 stopped working

On our LMS 3.1 server I noticed that the IPMProcess was listed as "down" on the System tab. Checking the IPM tab displays "Error in communicating with IPMProcess or IpmDbEngine. It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure processes are up and running". When trying to start the IPMProcess service under CS>Processes it will allow me to click Start, but after refreshing the page it changes right back to "Administrator has shut down this server" with a ProcessStopTime of when I tried to start it. I checked around in the forum and didn't find a similar issue with this version so I decided to uninstall IPM and reinstall. After rebooting the server it still comes up with the same exact issue. I've attached the IPM log files that contain errors. The IPMOGSClient.log file was empty. It looks like it replaced the ..\CSCOpx\databases\ipm\ipm.db file during the reinstall, so I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
blarochelle Wed, 01/28/2009 - 08:27

Here is the IPMOGSServer.log file that wouldn't fit in the original post because of the 3 attachment restriction.

blarochelle Wed, 11/11/2009 - 12:56

This started working again when the wrong version of HPSIMs was removed and replaced with the correct client version. *Nevermind*

This Discussion