cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X6704-10GE slot/port/interface problem

jporter_hm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6509 running 12.2(18)SXE4 with a 10gig card in slot 9. When I do a show module, or a show run, everything looks fine. i.e. the ports on the 10gig card show in the config as 9/1-9/4. However, when I enter config mode, and try to access Interface config mode I can not access tengig 9/1 but instead must access tengig 9/0/1. On another 6509 running the same software version, they work as expected. i.e. int 10gig 9/1 takes me into interface config mode. Is there a command that can be entered to correct this, or will a reboot be required to correct it?

On both switches slot 9 previously had a different module type implemented.

6 Replies 6

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Is the tengig line card in slot 9 a 6704 or is it a SPA card? Did you have flexwan or SIP card in that slot prior to the tengig linecard? Could be an issue with module provision feature where the config is retained for the removed linecard which maybe causing this, this is a guess. Try resetting the line card see if that corrects the behavior. If reset does not correct it and you indeed have a 6704 in the slot, you should open a TAC case, it maybe a bug.

The 10gig card is a 6704, and the previous card was a Serial card for Frame Relay connections.

Try:

conf t

no module provision 9 dynamic

according to the release notes the command is not supprted. I can give it a try. Will it interupt the ports on that module?

•Commands present in the CLI, but not supported:

-ipv6 cef accounting

-ip cef accounting

-module provision

the command itself is not performance impacting. what module proviosioning does is when the line card is removed from the chassis it allows the IOS to retain the config for that line card, in case it needs to be replaced. When the same line card is inserted as replacement, the config is retained. I was thinking it might be the case in your situation.

OK, so I will try the reset. If that doesn't work I will put in the no module provision 9 dynamic and re-seat the card.. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco