cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM, SRST with DTMF tones

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have phone trying to access remote vm via pstn while in srst. I can see through the debug dialpeers, that my dtmf tones are sent inband, and are appended to the called number for vm access. When the call is hairpined back out, it does not carry the calling number, therefore, it shows up to the unity server as the BTN, not the individual DID. is there a clid command i am missing?

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You need to use out-of-band DTMF tones in order for Unity to detect them. Configure 'dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric' on the voip dial-peers that point to Unity.

HTH!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

thanks for the info. This is a pots dial peer, as the unity server is remote from the phone and will be accessed via the pstn

Here's what I found:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806674d3.html

This issue is encouneted with PRI as the redirecting party number is not carried end-to-end and can be lost by the time it reaches the site that has the Unity. Some of this is documented in the following bug which is more like an enhancement request: CSCed68039

If the RDNIS is not conveyed by the ISDN, the only option is to send the RDNIS somehow (check CSCed68039) that introduced a command in IOS to be configured under the outgoing pots dial-peer:

dial-peer voice <> pots

clid override rdnis

Once you do this, you can see that the RDNIS is conveyed in the calling party number on the "debug isdn q931"

I believe this solution needs a script to extract this info and send it to Unity, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Probably you can contact TAC for more info about this.

Hope this helps & good luck!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

thanks alot for the info. I'll give it a shot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: