Views
Helpful
Replies

Future of Unity?

blittrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have upgraded to CM 6.1 and CER 2.2 and I have to say going back and working on Unity 4.2 feels like working on Windows 95. It isn't that Windows is an issue but the newer versions of CM and CER just works so much better in our environment. I have integrated LDAP(Novell Shop) and it has made things just fit. The web interfaces also look a whole heck of a lot better.

Once Cisco and ATT work out our smartnet contracts I plan on updating to the latest Unity. So the question is, will Unity be moving to Linux and similar functionality in regards to integration with LDAP, better user interface etc.? Is there a road map out there that I can check out to see what we are looking at?

Thanks

Brett

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity Connection is already based on the Linux platform and, in fact, shares a large part of the core of Call Manager's system code (the interfaces are shared and you can install Call Manager and Unity Connection on the same server in "co-res" mode).

So the short answer to your question is Unity will remain on Windows since it must integrate with Exchange for UM and Connection is the Linux based VM only solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: