cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway Config

morioka
Level 1
Level 1

In a normal Pub/Sub situation, how should the MGCP call agent be configured on a gateway with the following commands:

ccm-manager redundant-host <Pub or Sub>

ccm-manager config server <Pub or Sub>

mgcp call-agent <Pub or Sub> 2427

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ccm-manager redundant-host Pub

ccm-manager config server Sub

mgcp call-agent Sub 2427

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks. So what's my problem if the gateways register when I set it up as sub/pub/pub and they don't register when it's pub/sub/sub?

check the order in the CUCM group that the GW has assigned

HTH

java

HTH

java

If this is happening you may have something deeper going on.

The gateway should be able to register to either the pub or the sub. If you're having this problem, there's a chance if you register with the sub as primary, and the sub goes down, it will fail to register with the pub.

As far as what your problem may be? It's a little beyond me. Restarting the Callmanager service always seems to fix these pesky little things :)

hth,

nick

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some additional comments/advice:

ccm-manager config server --> depends on your configuration, it should be set to the server that is the TFTP server for the cluster (just check which server is running Cisco TFTP service)

ccm-manager redundant-host --> In your scenario, the secondary call processing node would be the Pub

mgcp call-agent --> This should be the Subscriber which is the primary call processing node in your scenario.  As stated above, you should also have the Sub set as the first CM in the CM group

What you described as not working may be because you are running TFTP on the Sub so when you set the ccm-manager config server to the Pub, the gateway can't download it's configuration file; therefore, it can't register.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: