cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovering IP of Managed Switch SRW2016 & 2024

donbrooksby
Level 1
Level 1

Simple yet frustrating question: I had to pull back some Linksys SRW2016 and SRW2024 switches on a repo of leased equipment from an old customer. They went out of business and did not provide IP addresses of the switches for proper management. I am needing to either reset the unit or discover the IP address of each of these switches. Is there a tool or some way of getting into this unit to reset it?

I have tried to Scan for any IP address open for 10., 172., and 192 internal octets but getting nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Don

2 Replies 2

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

1-ther is no reset button at the bottom?

2-did you try to connect a sniffer to one port may be you will get cdp packet that contains IP address

dcholl1
Level 1
Level 1

I have not tryed this but you might try connecting the serial cable and connecting with hyperterminal then pwrcycle the unit and issue a break command to bypass login security. Not sure what break cmd is for this unit but some web searching may help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card