cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client communication

ticonaru
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN Concentrator 3020 and remote clients using the VPN Client. Is it possible for the clients connected to the concentrator to exchange traffic between them? The challenge that I see is that the traffic from a client arrives to the concentrator on the public interface and it should go back through the same interface. So, anybody tried this before?

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Titus,

Absolutely they can communicate one another through the IPsec tunnel , say if your RA clients IP Pool is 172.16.1.0/24, RA client_1 connects to your VPN concentrator and gets IP 172.16.1.50 and Subsequently RA client_2 connects and gets IP 172.16.1.51 they will be able to ping each other as well as exchnage data RDP or copy files etc.. as long the RA clients PCs do not have any firewalls turned on.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi,

That's not what I see in my implementation. I can ping each client from the 3000 concentrator, but one client can not ping the other. Is there any configuration that needs to be added to either the concentrator or/and the VPN clients?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: