cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 crash

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a UC520 box less than twelve months old that has crashed three times since September.

I have the crashinfo files for each occurrence but am at a total loss what to with them. The client has just purchased a smartnet contract, but I find it frustrating that they have to purchase a support contract for a problem with a brand new system.

What can I do with the crashinfo to see what may be causing the crash.

Thanks

Damian Halloran

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

start upgrading to latest UC520 software, if it happens again you ill then investigate.

Notes, supposedly you're a Cisco partner, you should be in a position to update your clients UC520 at any time.

Hi Damian,

I do know know of any specific UC520 crashes off hand, but we've fixed probably nearly 200-300 crash bugs between the 12.4(11)XW train and 12.4(22)T.

If you have any tracebacks or errors messages, I would put them into the Cisco Output Interpreter (not sure if it takes crashinfo files as input or not), and see what it spits out.

I find that it's pretty helpful. I have access to the same stuff, but this tool is even faster:

https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl

hth,

nick

Hello and thanks to both of you for your replies.

The upgrade to IOS was I suppose something I should have expected and will do so very soon.

I did put the output through the output interpreter - fantastic tool.

The specific error that it came up with was:

ERROR MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS (if any)

%SYS-2-INTSCHED (x115): '[chars]' at level [dec]

Explanation: An internal software error has occurred.

Which points me to a programming error which points to a needed IOS upgrade.

Thanks again.