cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 crash

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a UC520 box less than twelve months old that has crashed three times since September.

I have the crashinfo files for each occurrence but am at a total loss what to with them. The client has just purchased a smartnet contract, but I find it frustrating that they have to purchase a support contract for a problem with a brand new system.

What can I do with the crashinfo to see what may be causing the crash.

Thanks

Damian Halloran

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

start upgrading to latest UC520 software, if it happens again you ill then investigate.

Notes, supposedly you're a Cisco partner, you should be in a position to update your clients UC520 at any time.

Hi Damian,

I do know know of any specific UC520 crashes off hand, but we've fixed probably nearly 200-300 crash bugs between the 12.4(11)XW train and 12.4(22)T.

If you have any tracebacks or errors messages, I would put them into the Cisco Output Interpreter (not sure if it takes crashinfo files as input or not), and see what it spits out.

I find that it's pretty helpful. I have access to the same stuff, but this tool is even faster:

https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl

hth,

nick

Hello and thanks to both of you for your replies.

The upgrade to IOS was I suppose something I should have expected and will do so very soon.

I did put the output through the output interpreter - fantastic tool.

The specific error that it came up with was:

ERROR MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS (if any)

%SYS-2-INTSCHED (x115): '[chars]' at level [dec]

Explanation: An internal software error has occurred.

Which points me to a programming error which points to a needed IOS upgrade.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: