Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Module

c01642643287
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just finished configuring a NAC module following the instructions in the associated PDF. I seem to be having a few problems. I can ping everything on the local network apart from the default gateway. I cannot ping anything on the WAN. I have changed the default gateway adress from .3 to .4 and whatever number i use for the default gateway it doesnt ping. If any one has any ideas could thet help?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You can follow the instruction in the following link to check your configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/installation_guide/netmodule/nacnmgsg.html#wp40796

1. Please check IP routing.

Is current WAN connection for internal users working fine?

2. What's the purpose of setting up HSRP between your gateway router and switch? I don't think it's necessary.

3. Please follow the above link to reconsider of your implementation, especially on how IP should be configured.

Thanks for the reply. This is the document that i have been working from. The network setup was configured by a third part support company before i was involved. I was wondering myself if that may be getting in the way? I have another site that mirrors this site but doesnt have HSRP. I will move the module and test it there.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card