Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping extensions between CCME and CCM

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I have this issue when my client changes their office. My client has 2 office one in dubai and other in paris. there is a VPN connection between the sites. in dubai they have CCME and in Paris they have CCM cluster. we changed the extension numbering here in the dubai office and hence we now have few extensions overlapping in both the office.

the problem is when a guy in dubai calls the guy in paris(on the overlapping extension), he gets connected to the paris guy but ccme displays that he is connected to the local guy.

Also when a guy in dubai with overlapping extention calls any ther guy in paris and leaves a voice message, unity sends a mail as if the voicemail is left by the local guy.

any ideas how to resolve this?

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will either need to change their extensions or create site codes and place the lines at Site A in their own CSS and Site B in their own CSS.

When Site A dials Site B, they will dialing something like 10xxxx. This can then be used in a translation Pattern of 10xxxx in the local Partition, but end up in Site B's CSS and stripping off the 10 to just ring the XXXX.

For Unity, if its centralized, you can not have overlapping DNs. It's just not possible. The only way to change this to have the users voicemail box be a different number or change everyone to a 6 digit voicemail box. 10xxxx for site A and 20xxxx for Site B.

Hi

thanks for the help. but i have already done u said. the problem is not routing the calls. problem is the connected party number presentation on the calling party phone.

as long as the connected party number is overlapping, the local device(in my case CCME) would assume that the called party is local adn hence would display tha partys name.

is there anyway to bypass this??

When you do the translation from one to another, make sure you add in the 10XXXX or 20XXXX into the calling party. This way, when the "missed call" or "Received Calls" shows it show up as 10XXXX and 20XXXX instead of just XXXX.

Does that help or are you talking about Manipulating Route Pattens for outbound calls?

Cheers!

ok let me make it more clear

At Dubai office

Extension 1320(Mr X), 1321(Mr. Y)

At Paris office

Exten. 1320(Mr. A), 1321(Mr. B), 1322(Mr.C)

Eg 1 (for problem no 1)

when X calls B, he will get connected to B but the display on his phone(of mr X) will show he is connected to Y.

Eg 2.(Problem 2)

When X calls C and is connected to the voicemail(of C), he can leave a message but he will receive a mail saying a message has been left by A and not X.

I think this should make it clear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: