Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 Solaris + ACS 4.1: HTTPS user session pending

leorob123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have a little issue regarding LMS 3.0.1.

I successfull integrated Common Services 3.1.1 with ACS 4.1.

There is a problem with user session.

After a day of work, many Https processes still pending on solaris (about 30-40). I know theese processes depending on user sessions login.

Users have unlimided sessions configured on ACS.

The https pending session vanish after the restart of daemon manger.

Theese processes caught a bad performance of system.

Any "knows problems" you know?

Helps would be appreciate.

Thanks

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is perfectly normal. Some Apache children will have completed servicing their clients, and will sit as idle spares waiting for the next login. Keeping spares around like this means that the next clients that connect will receive a faster response since a new Apache child does not have to be forked.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no "https" process which is part of LMS. What is the exact process name?

Yes I would mean SSL:

CSCO.Apache -d /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache -D SSL

This is normal. As clients connects, the main Apache process spawns children to service the requests. The children don't die as to save time on subsequent requests. This should not cause a performance problem. In fact, having more Apache children available should mean faster response from initial connection to LMS.

How I can associate user<->apache-process?

We found maybe 30-40 ssl connection processes

with one user logged in.

Is it normal?

You can't. An Apache child could serve hundreds of different user requests in its lifetime. This is normal. Apache will spawn up to 256 children depending on the request load.

So, what kind of request? I mean..

A user session could be done 10,11,12... different requests in the same session?

tks

I meant a user session. One Apache process could be associated with multiple user sessions over its lifetime. You could map an Apache process to a current logged in user by using the Solaris tool pfiles to get a list of open files (sockets in this case). Then, map the IP address of the socket peer to a user in the "Who is Logged On" report in LMS.

ok joe,

thank you for the moment.

I will do other torubleshooting

Leonardo

Hi Joe,

I checked the socket peer addresses, with two user logged in.

You can see in attachment that no Ip address was found with two session logged in.

Thaks

Leonardo

This is perfectly normal. Some Apache children will have completed servicing their clients, and will sit as idle spares waiting for the next login. Keeping spares around like this means that the next clients that connect will receive a faster response since a new Apache child does not have to be forked.

ok.

then the slowly performace, are not attached to theese processes.

I dind't found any knows problem about ACS 4.1 and CS 3.1.1.

There are some news bugs which are not present in the 3.1.1 CS release notes?

Thanks a lot

Leonardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco