Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR - error in communication channel

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We use LMS 3.1 with the available patches installed.

I wanted to configure some device credentials and identities.

After clicking "Apply" the following error was displayed:

"Internal error in communication channel."

I attached the dcr.log for further information.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see any errors in this dcr.log. There may be errors in the dcrclient.log. However, if the server is on Windows, make sure you do not have on-access virus scanning enabled for the NMSROOT directory. If you do, disable this, and restart Daemon Manager. This problem should go away.

We don't use a virus scanner on the machine.

I enabled the debugging for DCR and attached the dcrclient.log and dcr.log.

If you please have a look on the files?

Thanks!

Ah, I see an error now. This is bug CSCsu84143. A patch is available at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one .

Thanks for the fast reply!

I thought I installed the patch, but I will check it once again.

I am seeing the same error when I try to edit Device Credentials for my devices. I am confused about which patch I am supposed to install. Would you mind giving the exact name and date of the patch. I would appreciate that. TIA

It's the patch with CSCsu84143 in its name. Just pick the one for your platform (either Windows or Solaris).

That's what I was afraid of...I installed that patch last week due to a Device discovery problem. I'm not sure what to do now.

Then start a new thread for your issue.

Hello!
I am having the same problem - sometimes I get the error message - sometimes not.
I am having on-access virus scanning enabled and do not want to disable the scanning on the NMSROOT directory.
Can you tell me the name of this process that causes this conflict?

Then I could disable the virus scanner for this process!!

Thanks!