Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP setting

fahadrazi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have cisco ccm 5.1 in my office. i have nokia e61i phone i configuared my phone over the sip and its working really fine. in my internal network but when i leave my network i try from another network or thorough 3G i am able to register on my cisco CMM thorough public IP. and i am also able to make calls but the thing is the second party not able to hear me. can anyone suggest me how i move forward

3 Replies 3

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would check if a firewall might be blocking some of the traffic. Does it happen on all types of calls?

I would strongly recommend against exposing your UC Manager server to the outside world directly. This is a significant security risk.

If you are absolutely determined to do this, you will need to do protocol inspection of the RTP traffic on your firewall as RTP dynamically assigns ports. This is in addition to inspecting SCCP or SIP.

You should be doing this inside of a protected tunnel. Cisco offers the Phone Proxy feature on their ASA products although I'm not sure this is compatible with third-party SIP devices. Otherwise, you should VPN in and then place the call.

hmm thank you soo much i will try some possibilities if i have some more clarification i wll contact you again thanksss :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: