Views
Helpful
Replies

vss & supervisor 7203BXL

roussillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can i do VSS with a supervisor engine 7203BXL? wich card do I must add?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Osvaldo,

VSS requires other supervisor models sup 720 3BXL is not supported

see

The virtual switching system requires Supervisor Engine 720 with 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports. You must use either two VS-S720-10G-3C or two VS-S720-10G-3CXL supervisor engine modules.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1053927

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi

I thougth that if I had two 6500 with sup7203BXL cards , I could add a 8-port 10G card (WS-X6708-10G-3C/XL) with a DFC3CXL on each one for doing VSS. e.

Am I wrong?

My understanding is main supervisor needs either a VS-S720-10G-3C VS-S720-10G-3CXL, as Giuseppe already noted.

Thanks

So I have to conclude that having a VSS structure cost a lot of money. Does it worth it?

Nice day to you all

Is it worth it, is the type of question that's really in the "eye of the beholder".

At to cost, yes it's expensive, but depending on you equipment provider, you might ask about trade in values for your sup720BXLs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card