cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rommon commands to remove image

ud0508500
Level 1
Level 1

I loaded an ios image on a sup2 and it was corrupt..I am sitting at the rommon prompt..how do I remove or what is the command I use to remove the image?

greatly appreciate the help...its a 6509..c6sup22-jk2o3sv-mz.121-27b.E4.bin is the image..

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it's corrupted, you will need a new image in order to boot into IOS. Most likely you will need to download a fresh image and xmodem the image to the 6500 file system.

This document covers this situation in details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml

HTH,

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

thanks for the doc...but the image that is on the 6500 now is corrupt..It will not boot up..it errors out and goes to the rommon prompt..there is not enough space available in bootflash to load another image..do you know the command from rommon to delete the corrupt image? thank you for your help and time..appreciate it

When proceeding with the xmodem, you are given the option to erase the current image.

Please read the documentation.

__

Edison.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

delete sup-bootdisk:c6sup22-jk2o3sv-mz.121-27b.E4.bin

Does this help?

Hello, 

I just ran into the same issue with a corrupted image on flash and was not able to delete flash from rommon.

Working on Rommon is pretty tedious and you have limited options

Solution,

- Find a router with a Cisco compact flash with the image on it, eject the compact flash

- Move it the router that is on Rommon, reload.

- Once the image is decompressed , you should beable to get to CLI.

- Once on CLI, connect the compact flash with corrupted image and then "delete flash:"

- Now you should be able to configure the router interface and load the new image via tftp.

I figured out in the process that once the router boot from flash you can remove the compact flash without losing access to CLI

I know this may not be the prettiest, but that is a workaround.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: