cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Call Park

jtcollins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 with a client that wants to be able to park multiple calls to be picked up by any available extension. I've created a collection of park slots with the same extension number but when we attempt to park incoming calls the station rings continously.

Also I would like to add the ability to park a call or pick up from park to the softkeys on the user's phones rather than having to page through the program keys.

!

ephone-dn 40

number 800

park-slot timeout 30 limit 60

label Call Park

name Park Group

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 49

number 800

name Park Group

preference 10

!

The transfer-mode is set to full-blind.

The documentation on this seemed pretty straightforward. Am I missing something?

11 Replies 11

I think this issue is your "preference" line. The first dn in the hunt group should be preference 0 (not shown since it is default). The second should be preference 1, the 3rd dn preference 2, ... with dn 10 (ephone-dn 49) being preference 9.

I tried changing the preferences as you mentioned but it does not appear to have had any effect.

I have been testing this feature on a system that has not yet been installed. Basically I am just dialing from one extension to another. Perhaps park won't work correctly with this type of call?

Hello,

Im a bit confused. What do you mean when you say the station rings continously when you try to park?

I assume that youre answering the incoming call before you try to park it? Make the incoming call...answer...then park..the phone should tell you at the bottom of the display "call parked at 800". And to retrieve the parked call, just go off hook and dial 800.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Yes. I pick up one extension and dial another. From the called extension, I pick up the call and then scroll to the park button and press it. Once the call is parked the MoH plays on the originating extension and the called extention rings continously. Also I cannot pick up the call from any extension on the system.

1) Did you restart all the phones after you made the change. I believe you need to for it to work.

2) I assume you are answering the phone, pressing the "park" softkey.

3) I assume you have not implemented call-park blocking (transfer-park block under an ephone) and only have these 10 parking slot configured on the CME.

Again, I tested this in my lab and with your original config, I got the same problem. After I changed the preferences, things worked great.

Here is the config I used.

ephone-dn 40

number 800

description Call Park Slot 1

name Park Group

preference 0 (command is default so does not show in config)

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 41

number 800

description Call Park Slot 2

name Park Group

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 42

number 800

description Call Park Slot 3

name Park Group

preference 2

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 41

number 800

description Call Park Slot 2

name Park Group

preference 9

huntstop (command is default so does not show in config)

FYI - If you want to simplify the config, just change ephone-dn 40 to be a single slot by changing it to the following, restarting the phones, and then trying it:

ephone-dn 40

number 800

description Call Park Slot 1

name Park Group

preference 0 (command is default so does not show in config)

huntstop (just make this the huntstop, again default and won't show in config)

then "no ephone-dn 41, no ephone-dn 42, etc", restart phones, and test.

Get one to work. Then add the rest as I show above.

I have restarted the phones and the entire system for that matter. This UC520 is not in production yet so I can pretty much do what I want for testing.

I'd say to post your whole config (leave off any passwords, certs, etc) as an attached file and let people look at it.

rsmith-inx
Level 4
Level 4

This is a pretty old thread now, but to clarify, in order to have multiple calls parked, each park dn needs its own number, they can't all be the same.  For park slots, the transfer method doesn't matter.  Here's a config that will work, based on the original poster's config:

ephone-dn  40

number 800

label Call Park

preference 1

no huntstop

!

ephone-dn  41

number 801

label Call Park

preference 2

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn  49

number 809

label Call Park

preference 10

!

When you add a "name" entry in the park slot, it is displayed on the parking phone after the park extension (i.e. "Call parked at 800: Park Group") which makes the park number difficult to read.  If you leave off the name, it is displayed as it would be on CM --> "Call parked at 800".  The label is displayed on the parked phone if it's an internal extension.

Thank you for the clear and practical information, that I have rated.

Always comforting to see this kind of apprach from new posters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: