cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Name on CUPS / OCS calls

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 6.1 and CUPS 6.0 with Microsoft OCS client RCC.

When I recieve a call internally, I do not get name caller ID on the OCS client. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Do you mean you don't get the name, or you don't get the number in MOC?

If you are not seeing the number, I'm not sure what the cause there might be...

If you are not getting a name, it is because the number being displayed does not match up with an entry in the OCS address book. It does a reverse lookup in the address book and will display a name if there is a match there. read up in the OCS guides about the address book and the normalization rules that are associated with the address book service, I suspect your answer is there.

If you were wondering, OCS does not display a name received via RCC/SIP, it only displays names currently for internal (to OCS) calls and for numbers that match an address book reverse lookup.

We also had the same issue, we had to make sure the IP phone field in AD was the same as the extension number.

This is also an issue when using the missed call notifications. When a call is transferred from the operator the missed call notification always showed up as coming from the operator. But when you checked on the phone the call displayed the External number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: