Assigning calls to specific Skill Groups

Unanswered Question
Jan 29th, 2009

We are running UCCE 7.2 with CTIOS 7.2 with a custom interface for outbound dialing that we created using the SDK. When an agent dials an outbound call it is automatically assigned to the default skill group rather than the agent's assigned skill group. We haven't be able to figure out quite how we can assign a specific skill group when the call is placed using this method. In some cases, agents may be in multiple skill groups, so we do want to be able to select which skill group their outbound calls will use. Can someone please tell me how to assign these calls to a specific skill group?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edward Umansky Thu, 01/29/2009 - 17:30

I'm afraid you can't do this with UCCE. Only ICM routed calls can be counted against a specific skill group's statistics. The purpose of the default skill group is to capture any non-ICM routed calls made by an agent, such as manually placing outbound calls like you are describing. What are you trying to achieve by attaching an outbound dial to a skill?

johnwetzel Fri, 01/30/2009 - 04:53

We need the agents stats to appear in Webview reports. Currently we receive stats from any inbound calls handled by agents in their respective skill groups but any outbound dialing from their desktop does not.

johnwetzel Fri, 01/30/2009 - 07:40

I am told that we are using ICM for the outbound dialing. The problem is that the agents stats do not appear in Webview for the outbound dialing. The inbound calls do appear in Webview. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edward Umansky Fri, 01/30/2009 - 08:50

When you say you are using the ICM for outbound dialing, do you mean you are using the Cisco Outbound Dialer? Or are agents manually dialing a customer number?

johnwetzel Fri, 01/30/2009 - 10:59

The agents are manually dialing the customer numbers. We can see the calls by agents who use the CTI Agent Desktop. We cannot see calls made by agents who login using the custom desktop. I believe our Developers are missing the hook that ties these calls to Skill Groups and that is why they all go to default.

Hossain Ahmed A... Fri, 01/30/2009 - 16:24

Hi John,

I think you are not using outbound dialer. without using outbound dialer you can not find the outbound calls in webview. ED was also trying to tell you the same thing.

And also if you want the agents calling information you have to get it manually from the database. For this go to the SQL Query Analyzer and execute the below query for the awdb database

Select * from Termination_Call_Detail

where DateTime between '30 January 2009 12:00 AM' and '30 January 2009 11:59 AM'

and SkillGroupSkillTargetID in (5010)

Here you should put your outbound skillgroup SkillGroupSkillTargetID instead of 5010

If helps then do rate me

Regards,

Ashfaque

Edward Umansky Fri, 01/30/2009 - 16:30

When you say you can see calls made by agents using CTI Agent Desktop, where are you seeing them, what fields? What type of numbers are agents dialing, external customer numbers or internal route points? When you make an external outbound call using the Dial button on the standard CTIOS Desktop, this gets counted against the default skill group. This is controlled by ICM not by anything in the CTIOS client api.

Actions

This Discussion