AP 500 ( AP 520G )

Answered Question
Jan 29th, 2009

Hi,

I do not know if I got this right but could someone provide a link that explains what the differences are between Autonomous AP and Lightweight on these models, and if autonomous can become lightwaight and vice versa by using different codes if applicable.

Regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by sschmidt about 7 years 10 months ago

The CCA conversion process is one-way. Once the conversion takes place, you cannot restore the access point to autonomous operation.

The blurb from marketing shows this:

* In standalone mode, up to three access points, managed by the Cisco Configuration Assistant, can be deployed to provide reliable high-speed wireless connectivity to users in the area they cover.

* In controller-based mode, up to 12 access points, managed by the Cisco Configuration Assistant, can connect with Cisco 500 Wireless Express Mobility Controllers to provide wireless service and comprehensive monitoring of air space.

This document shows a few differences in security.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7306/ps7319/ps7338/product_data_sheet0900aecd8060c220.html

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
sschmidt Thu, 01/29/2009 - 16:16

The CCA conversion process is one-way. Once the conversion takes place, you cannot restore the access point to autonomous operation.

The blurb from marketing shows this:

* In standalone mode, up to three access points, managed by the Cisco Configuration Assistant, can be deployed to provide reliable high-speed wireless connectivity to users in the area they cover.

* In controller-based mode, up to 12 access points, managed by the Cisco Configuration Assistant, can connect with Cisco 500 Wireless Express Mobility Controllers to provide wireless service and comprehensive monitoring of air space.

This document shows a few differences in security.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7306/ps7319/ps7338/product_data_sheet0900aecd8060c220.html

Actions

This Discussion