cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.2(3) necessary patches

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any experience with Call Manager 4.2(3)? We are being asked to take on management of a legacy system and I want to know what patches should be in place on this version of call manager. Our Call Manager is a 5.1 and its linux based so we have no frame of reference with the older windows based version. Any advice? Please let me know.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

AAAHHHH!! 4.2(3) was an extremely great build! Very stable and quite feature rich (much more than 5.x)

An excellent starting point would be CCM 4.2(3)SR3. I think the latest SR is SR4d

Cheers!

Rob

i definitely agree with Rob on this one, 4.2(3) has been always my choice if you need to keep on a windows platform, far more stable than any other version and also quite similar in features to what you get in 6.X (4.2(3) provided the base code for 6.x, while 4.1(3) did for 5.X)

indeed the latest SR is 4.2(3)SR4b

personally i believe this should have been the last windows version released as it's the best one for me

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

PD thanks for cheering me up on my AM shifts Rob =), appreciate it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Rob,

Thanks this makes me feel better. We will be taking over responsibility for this system and no one has actively managed it (backed it up, patched it, etc.) in a few years so I want to do a little research. Do you know what features this one has that 5.1 doesn't that stand out? They also have a stand alone Unity voicemail version 4.0(4), any gotchas with that that you know of?

Thank you again for your input!

Much Obliged!

Rgds,

Vicky

Hey Vicky,

You are most welcome my friend! Here you go **  :)

New and Changed Information for Cisco CallManager Features CCM 4.2

The following sections describe new and changed information related to Cisco CallManager features:

Multilevel Precedence and Preemption Enhancements

Device Mobility

Cisco CallManager Attendant Console and Call Pickup Limitation

** Call Pickup Notification

** Directed Call Park

IPMA Enhancements

Cisco Messaging Interface Enhancements

Call Forwarding Enhancements

Password Management Features

** Log Out of Hunt Groups

** Voice-Mail-Related Changes to Hunt List and Hunt Pilot

New MLPP Service Lockout Enterprise Parameter

Phone Button Template

Call Diagnostics and Voice Quality Metrics

Overlap Sending and Receiving for H.323 Gateways

SDL Traces

Cisco CallManager T1 CAS Hookflash Transfer Support

Unity 4.0(4) is quite old, and was fairly buggy (check for ES's) and 4.1 or 4.2 does not have any licensing requirements unless you are changing servers (so probably no $$) :) so I think a move towards 4.2 would be wise. Here is the pertinent doc;

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Release 4.2(1)

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp39989">http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp39989

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Java, our early AM coffee chats are always a real pleasure Buddy!! ROCK ON!

You are THE MAN!!!!!  Can't thank you enough!

Until we chat again, take care.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: