ASA study materials

Unanswered Question
Jan 29th, 2009

folks

i'm planning to start studying for the SNAF exam so i'm hoping someone can recommend a good study guide

i have the asdm user guide v6.0.3 and the ciscopress quick reference

are there any other decent certification guides someone can recommend?

thanks to anyone taking the time to read this or reply

greatly appreciated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nick.owens Thu, 01/29/2009 - 15:03

Also you could try the Cisco ASA and Pix Firewall Handbook. It's not geared towards the test, but it's a very useful tool that is for sure. I am sure all of the objectives would be covered in this book. The book I have is from 2005, not sure if there is an updated version or not. I would highly recommend it for this test!!

Also, if you have access to an ASA. That is obviously the best way you can study!

Good luck!

Nick

mulhollandm Thu, 01/29/2009 - 15:07

nick

thanks for the reply, i'll have a look at the handbook

i think most of the new exam is asdm based and i think its one of the newer versions so i'm not sure how relevant it is

thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated

nick.owens Thu, 01/29/2009 - 15:14

I just did a quick search and there are newer versions out there. The book I have works though. Gives you that fundamental knowledge.

Really, mainly ASDM? Crap, I need to learn how to use it. The only thing I use it for now is the fancy graphs. :)

I have been working with these devices for 5+ years now and only know the cli. Fun stuff!!

Nick

mulhollandm Thu, 01/29/2009 - 15:17

thats progress for you!

soon as you learn how to use they'll move to a zone based firewall and we'll all have to start again

i miss my symantec sgs

Actions

This Discussion