cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound telco calls fail on EVM-HD-8FXS/DID

swaro2000
Level 1
Level 1

Router has analog ports to receive & make call to pstn. Some lines come in thru an EVM-HD-8FXS/DID that connect to a punch down block(110 block), while some individual lines connect to the VIC2-4FXO ports & directly to telco. Outbound calls work fine. Calls from pstn that come in thru the EVM-HD-8FXS/DID ring the IP phones but the caller gets a fast busy, while the called party will answer & hears dead air.

IP Phones-----Router(EVM-HD-8FXS)-----66/110 block-----telco

Why are the calls are failing?. Supposedly this was previously working.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you upgrade to 12.4(11)XW9 and try again ?

Also not sure how do you connect to PSTN with an FXS port ?

I have upgraded to 12.4(22)T. but have the same symptom. I was questioning the fxs port also. If you notice my last line, I was told that this setup supposedly has been working for about a month until this week. But I think the site contact may be fibbing.

Hi, in fact there is no way a PSTN line works connected to a FXS port. So you may want to do your own investigations.

Try adding this dial peer:

dial-peer voice 555 pots

port 2/0/20

incoming called-number .

And by the way:

HPI/VTSP debugs are only for people that have no idea what they're looking for :) debug vpm signal and ccapi are all you need for this call.

hth,

nick

I tried that before & it did not work.

Well put it back on - you're certainly not going to have better results without it.

This call comes in, rings an IP phone, hits the no answer timer, get sent to cue, and then gets forwarded to the number '0' back out a pots dial peer. The pots dial peer doesn't like the number, and you get busy tone.

Doesn't really add up to description...

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: