cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

May I integrate a CME with a Microsoft Office Communicator?

manuel.giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if it`s possible to integrate a UC500 with a MOC (Microsoft Office Communicator), if it`s so, where can i find information about it?

Thanks in advanced

3 Replies 3

Hi Manuel,

CME doesn't officially support third party SIP phones.

This is the minimum require configuration for SIP CME if you want to try it:

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

voice register global

mode cme

source-address 1.1.1.1 port 5060

max-dn X

max-pool X

voice register dn 1

number 1000

voice register pool 1

id mac XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

type ! If it's 3rd party, omit this

number 1 dn 1

username X password X ! Required if IP phone's address is on different subnet than SIP CME source address

Most SIP phones will register with SIP CME, yes. It just isn't officially supported, but the CME should be fully RFC compliant.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

Along the same vein - or perhaps what the original poster meant. I am interested in integrating CME (UC500- and 2800-based) into the Office Communicator client. Specific interests include click-to-call from the Communicator client.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Marino

Hi Marino,

The MOC is a SIP based solution. Unless the MOC can simulate a gateway instead of client, this would need to be registered via SIP CME. Most SIP compliant devices seem to register fine to SIP CME, but it wouldn't be a TAC supportable solution.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: